Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Resolutions.

For past new years you would find me scrabbling to get my resolutions down before the clock stuck midnight. This year I took a different approach. Over the past few days I've been letting my resolutions kind of come to me organically. If the mood stuck, I would simply go to my computer and add another to file.

Here are my resolutions for 2009. They are in no particular order; they come to you as they came to me.

  • I won’t spend time trying to get people to stay or come back into my life. If they don’t want to be in my life, I will simply release them to be whatever they want to be and continue on my own journey.

  • I will read one book every month that challenges my way of thinking.

  • I will finish writing Coming Harbor. I will agent-it out and publish.

  • I will go on at least one major trip this year.

  • I will no longer say to myself or others “I’m too busy.”

  • I will not make myself or anyone else feel inadequate in any way.

  • I will loose 50-70 pounds. I have a gym membership until May 2009 and I will use it at least twice a week. I will listen to my body and understand I am the one in control.

  • I will stop doing things I don’t want too. And say ‘no’ and make no apology for doing so.

  • I will expand my portfolio and continue to save money monthly.

  • I will be grateful for everything I have as well as everything I don’t have. I understand that there is timing in everything.

  • I will love all people more than I ever have before.

  • I will continue my spiritual journey; follow wherever and whomever it may lead me too.

  • I will continue to deepen my search through mediation and understanding.

  • I will help anyone in need; but be a slave to no one.

  • I will support at least two independent films.

  • I will make a date with myself twice a month that focuses fully on what I like to do.

  • I will follow every ‘true’ passion and desire I have.

  • I will give myself time.

  • I will not waste time.

  • I will be open to love.

"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves." Quoted by Bill Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment